Customers using the Schoology learning management system can embed content from World Geography and Culture Online directly into their courses. For app installation instructions, please refer to the World Geography and Culture Online Schoology LTI App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between World Geography and Culture Online and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology can embed World Geography and Culture Online resources directly into their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Schoology HTML editor and the Add Materials menu within a course.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within World Geography and Culture Online.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed World Geography and Culture Online records directly into Schoology, without leaving the LMS.
Using the Schoology App
The World Geography and Culture Online app is available for all of our Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Below are examples of two ways to embed World Geography and Culture Online records into your courses.
Course Materials Selection
From within a course, you have the option of finding and embedding records directly into the course materials section using the Add Materials drop-down.
- Click on the Add Materials button below the course name.
- Click on the World Geography and Culture Online App shown on the right-hand side of the drop-down menu.
An Add Materials pop up window will display.
- Choose a record type.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination- Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
After choosing a record to embed, you will be returned to your course materials list. Your selected embedded record will display on the page.
- Click on the thumbnail image to view the embedded record directly on this page.
- Clicking on the record title will open it on a new page.
Rich Text Editor
The Schoology HTML editor contains an Insert Content option shown below. This icon is available inside the HTML editor used in some of the Add Materials options, such as adding an Assignment, Test/Quiz, Discussion, or Page to your course.
- Click on the desired option such as Add Page.
- Click on the Insert Content editor option.
- Click on the World Geography and Culture Online option located on the right-hand side of the Insert Content menu.
- The Import from Resources pop up window will appear, which is identical to the Add Materials window shown above.
- Follow the same steps outlined above to located and embed your desired content.
The content will appear as a yellow box within the editor until you click the Create button.
Your new course material will now appear under the main materials list. Clicking on the title will load the resource and any embedded records from World Geography and Culture Online directly on the page.