Customers using the Canvas learning management system can embed content from World Geography and Culture Online directly in their courses. For installation instructions, please refer to the World Geography and Culture Online Canvas External App Installation article.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between World Geography and Culture Online and your Canvas courses. Users of Canvas can embed World Geography and Culture Online resources directly inside their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Canvas HTML editor.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within World Geography and Culture Online.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed World Geography and Culture Online records directly into Canvas courses, without leaving Canvas.
Using the World Geography and Culture Online Canvas Plugin
Once the app is installed, World Geography and Culture Online resources may be embedded using the World Geography and Culture Online button found inside Canvas. Any content block that loads the HTML editor will have this icon.
- Click on the World Geography and Culture Online icon button in the editor menu to launch the World Geography and Culture Online application.
After you click on this button, the embed content window will appear with the World Geography and Culture Online search box.
- Choose a record type.
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination- Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
- Once you have chosen a record to embed, click on the Embed button.
- You will be returned to the editor and your content will appear as a gray box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom to publish this resource.
The embedded record will then be visible.